July 4th, 1776. Marks the day the people of the United State of America established the Declaration of Independence and gained freedom of our lands. It is a day that all Americans celebrate our freedom and our journey in this fine country. Throughout the country you will find backyard barbeques, festivals, picnics and grand firework displays marking America’s independence. This year, show your cowboy gusto using tips from Rods.
Decorations- Use classic prints such as bandana or denim to authenticate the western style.
- For food and side storage try “Bandana Picnic Bowls” ($39.95).
- Add a touch of horse love with “Beside the Trail Utensils” ($4.99).
- Show your unbridled spirit with western aprons for the chief ($24.95).
- Wrap individual plastic ware sets in a bandana and tie the bundle with a piece of baling twine.
- Use barn wood signs marking the latrine, saloon and vittles.
- Decorate your square dancing floor with western themed lights.
- For your tables’ center piece, use a functioning cowboy lantern.
- Roast a hog or chicken on the spit.
- Host a chili cook off.
- Organize a picnic basket auction where proceeds go to the local 4H group or another organization.
- Use “Horse N’ Around Pasta” ($5.95) for an added detail in your pasta dishes.
- A must have for decorated cookies, “Jumbo Western Cookie Cutter Set” ($16.95).
- Karaoke to country, both classic and modern country music.
- Invite friends to bring instruments and have a picking contest.
- Rent a projector and show classic western movies on the side of the barn.
- Square Dancing.
- Invite people to participate in a ceremonial fire with tall tales, singing and of course roasting marshmallows!
- Mark the experience with a beautifully decorated painted pony mini designed to capture the spirit and heart of horse lovers.
Enjoy all of your Fourth of July activities and celebrations! This truly is a remarkable holiday to spend with family and friends celebrating freedom. We would like to thank all of the men and women who have dedicated and given their lives to ensure freedom throughout our land. Have a safe and happy holiday from all of us here at Rods!
Please share your celebration stories and any additional ideas for cowboy celebrations and parties!