Across the nation, in rodeos, horse shows and barns you will find the sparkle of a western rhinestone belt. Rhinestone belts have dominated the western industry for over five years. Western attire has always been about practicality in the past, and now has been given a fresh and fashionable feel. These belts can be tricky to accessorize with, but if you get it right, the outcome can be spectacular. Below are a few tips on how to wear your bling.
- At the hips-
- A rhinestone belt is eye catching and will draw the eye to where it is laying. If you are slimmer in the hips than you are in the bust and the shoulders, this is a great look to balance you out.
- Wearing a belt at the hips is also a great look if you are wearing a dress, and wanting to give the illusion of a cinched waist or to give a defined waist line.
- At the waist (not in loops)-
- If you are wearing a shirt plain in color, or a tunic style shirt, try a rhinestone belt around the waist and over the shirt. This will give your outfit some attitude, while also creating a polished appearance.
- Show off your curves by wearing a rhinestone belt over a cardigan or jacket at the waist. This will help you create an hour glass silhouette.
- In the belt loops-
- A classic fashion statement. Wear your favorite top tucked in with a pair of jeans and finish the outfit with a rhinestone belt. This look can be taken anywhere and is sure to be a show stopper.
- Catch the judge’s eye in any western horse show ring with a rhinestone belt paired with chaps, or a pair of jeans and a button down shirt.
Send us some tips on how you wear your bling!